Kenepuru Water Taxi, Marlborough Sounds
Discover the Kenepuru Sound on “Kenepuru 1”.
“You don't tell us what to do - you tell us what you would like to do.”
Because our cruises are flexible and don't run to a timetable or set a route, you can work out what you would like to do and see.
We provide personalised cruises of the Kenepuru Sound, transfers for the Queen Charlotte and Putanui Point tracks. You can combine a cruise or track option, or go to play golf at the Nopera Bay Golf Course, or dine at Portage or Raetihi Lodge.
We are available 7 days a week, but Bookings are essential preferably by the day before. Yes, we even work Christmas Day at no extra charge!
We are here to help you discover the Kenepuru Sound. Come for a visit and explore this unique and diverse area we call home. Contact us and make your bookings.
Cruises, walk, golf, dine or just relax.
“There's nothing better than first-hand experience and local knowledge from residents who live and work here, to discover the Kenepuru Sound, Marlborough.”
- TAKE A CRUISE: mussels, lifestyles, history, sea-birds, & more. You can combine with any of the other options below.
- QUEEN CHARLOTTE TRACK: walk between Te Mahia & Portage, take the water taxi back to your car or accommodation. Magnificient views of the Queen Charlotte & Kenepuru Sound along this part of the track. (8km - time 2.5 hours to 3 hours)
- PUTANUI POINT TRACK: (link to bit further down page) boat access only. Stunning native bush walk on well maintained, gently sloping track. ( Approx.5km - time 1.5 hours to 2 hours.)
- NOPERA BAY GOLF COURSE: Situated on a working farm, this unique 9 hole course is a must for golf enthusiasts who want to try somewhere different. The only golf course deep within the Marlborough Sounds. Only $10.00 for green fees, and club hire also available.
- LUNCH OR DINNER: Portage and Raetihi Lodge are open for meals over the summer. Get dropped off and picked at times that suit you.
- PICNIC ON A BEACH; we can drop you at a beach, so you can swim, laze, read, just relax! Take a picnic with you and have a day at the seaside.
- CYCLING / KAYAKING: (Link this to below) we carry bicycles and kayaks free of charge. If you don't want to cycle or paddle all the way around the Kenepuru, talk to us, and we can suggest a route for you. Either by getting to a destination by peddle or paddle, and then taking the water taxi back, or getting dropped off, and then getting back to your starting point.
- WORK OR BUSINESS: If you need to get into the Kenepuru for a days work, just give us a call. Same day return rates apply.
Transport to Holiday Destinations in Kenepuru Sound
- Cougar Line Water Taxi and Arrow Water Taxis operate in the Queen Charlotte Sounds, and they will bring you from Picton. We will connect with them with our van, transport you over the hill, and then take you by our water taxi to your destination.
- From Te Mahia - Drive to Te Mahia, it's only 45 minutes driving from Havelock, or 60 minutes from Picton.
- From Havelock by arrangement.